Making UDL and ISTE Come Together for Your School
Participants will work in small groups to explore how Universal Design for Learning (UDL) can be applied to both existing curriculum as well as new curriculum. We will explore the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Student Standards as we create lessons and activities as examples of UDL at work. Participants can expect to engage in collaborative activities with UDL in mind, and will discover the power of ISTE standards and how they can enhance curricular standards and empower learners. By the end of the session participants will begin a lesson or activity of their own where they apply UDL principles to engage with all learners.
Classroom teachers, Curriculum coordinators, and learning technology coaches.
- Participants will explore how to apply UDL principles to create innovative and engaging learning experiences in your existing curriculum.
- Participants will engage with the ISTE student standards as a lens for demonstrating the ease with which you mesh UDL and any curriculum.
- Develop a common language and make connections between the Student ISTE Standards and the curriculum – + Excitement
- Explain the history and purpose of Universal Design,
- Recognize the three principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in practice
- Identify valuable resources available for UDL implementation in the classroom.
- Create a lesson or activity applying UDL principles
Christopher Bell has been in education for 20 years in various roles beginning as a Social Studies teacher specializing in Econ and Business. After returning to school, he completed his Library and Information Technology Masters. Since then he has been working in both Technology and Libraries. He is currently the Librarian and Technology Coordinator at International School Bangkok. He also ran his own web design business and is now the CTO for MarioFramework. ADE GCT CSE
Wes Przybylski is a creator innovator, leader, motivator, and an enthusiastic, passionate educator. As the middle school technology coordinator at the International School of Bangkok he focuses on finding strengths in individuals and bringing people together to make learning better for students. ADE GCI CSE.