PreConference Thursday10:00 - 16:00
Adam Llevo - ChargeUP Your Classroom
Elementary, Middle & High School Audience
Join Adam for a day of active learning in the classroom in which he will share practical examples of how to embrace technology to energize the learning. As a participant you will be expected to bring your own smart device. I will share a list of apps with you prior to the course. The session will be both theoretical and practical as we learn to use the apps to enhance teaching and learning. You will be active participants so please dress appropriately. This course is recommended for all who coach – and all teachers are coaches! Whether you are a PE teacher, instructional coach, sports coach, or a teacher of any discipline; please join Adam for an active, fun, innovative approach to improve our classrooms.
The course will look into:
- Successful strategies in incorporating video analysis into the practical classroom
- Engaging learning through using Augmented reality in the theory classroom
- Innovative teaching resources
- Tools to help structure and organize your classes
Susie Wise - Design Thinking in Schools
Whole School Audience
This immersive workshop is an introduction to the process and mindsets of design thinking for school leaders. Participants will experience the design thinking process by working on a hands-on challenge and reflecting on how design thinking can be used at their school. Together participants will engage the levers of design for school improvement.
Participants will explore topics of empathy building, idea development, rapid prototyping and storytelling and walk out with a understanding of design thinking and some concrete tools to take back to school.
- Introduce and practice the design thinking process and mindsets.
- Participants will understand the moves of the process and how it supports creativity.
- Participate in a process that can be used to structure change and innovation initiatives in your school
- Develop of innovation mindsets through observing, questioning, empathising and creative thinking.
- Develop of leadership and problem solving skills through strong communication, collaboration, with a bias towards action.
- Become familiar with skills and strategies to kickstart a culture of innovation in your school.
- Learn tools that will give you a different perspective on how challenges can be tackled.